Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Congested Area

While traveling to the beach, I passed through a rural community where I noticed a sign which read "Congested Area." The sign was new to me. It made me notice how the community had no more room for additional home sites.
As I pondered row upon row of houses, I began to consider my life and how congested it had become. I feel as if I am only connecting the dots of each day. It seems every day I am living out of my calendar. The waves of life seem overwhelming most of the time. Stress seems to be my companion as I somewhat drift with the tides of balancing family, church, work, and school. The ebb and flow of each day seems to wear me thin. At times I often wonder how I managed to get myself into this mess. I feel pushed and pulled in every direction.
Then, out of the chaos, God speaks to me through the eyes of my daughter. I must stop and hold her while I feed her with a bottle. It is during these quiet moments I gaze into her blue eyes and the stress of life melts away. For that instance, all that matters in her world is the touch of my skin and the warm milk in her bottle.
As I focus on my little girl, I am reminded of my heavenly Father and his desire t meet all of my needs, just as I long to provide for her. Do I spend time daily gazing into the eyes of God, experiencing his love and concern for me, as my little girl stares into my eyes? We need to spend more time each day in our heavenly Father's arms. Perhaps, instead of putting more irons in the fire, it is time for me to put up a "Congested Area" sign.

No comments: